Vegan Strawberry Cashew Cream Cheese
Need a topping for your gluten free bagels? Look no further!
This is a quick and easy vegan cashew cream cheese recipe is under 10 ingredients, under 10 minutes and tasty as $!@&!
STRAWBERRY CASHEW CREAM CHEESE
Cashew cream cheese
- 1 cup soaked cashews I buy cashew “pieces”, they’re a lot cheaper
- 1 ½ cups freeze dried strawberries not fresh
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dairy free unsweetened yogurt I love Forager and Coyo brands
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
Soak your cashews overnight. The longer they soak the creamier this recipe will be.
Rinse and drain your cashews.
In a food processor or vitamix blend all of your ingredients. You will need to scrape down the sides quite a bit. Blend until your mixture is very smooth. I blended mine for about 5 minutes.
Put your cream cheese mixture in a container with a lid and chill in the refrigerator.
Best enjoyed when chilled!
Soak your cashews for at least 12 hours. You’ll thank me later. It tastes best after being chilled! If you like a sweeter spread add more maple syrup!